My friend Lee has decided to study abroad in Japan the last year of her bachelor’s program. She left in November and is coming back this July. She told me on Skype everything that happened up until mid February, when one of the students got sent back for extremely rude behavior. It started on the plane…
Lee boarded the plane, and everything was fine. It was filled with what you expect: businessmen, tourists, family, etc. The girl sitting next to her, though, was a bit odd. We’ll call her Steph. Her carry on bag was crammed full of laptops, videogame consoles, plushies, dvds, manga, books, etc. They had no clue how she brought it on the plane.
In the middle of the flight Steph disappeared for about half an hour and came back wearing a yukata/kimono thing (Lee couldn’t tell which one it was because it looked like both, but was missing distinguishing features of either). She sat back down and opened up her laptop and started watching anime…without headphones or anything. So throughout the whole plane you could hear Hetalia, Naruto, Bleach, FMA, being played loudly without to the other passengers. The businessman in front of her complained and asked her to lower the volume. Steph said, “But this is from your native land. YOU SHOULD APPRECIATE ME DOING THIS.”
Lee put on her headphones, but it wasn’t enough. She was so happy when Steph’s laptop died. Lee used the charger for her own laptop and refused to let Steph use it.
Steph was completely entranced by the hotel at first. She called everything “kawaii desu nee” and more Japanese I don’t understand. The professor tried to correct her but she just talked back.
Her thoughts on the hotel changed soon after. “This isn’t a real Japanese Inn!” “Stop letting America ruin your country!” “You guys really should get more realistic Japanese women working here” (No one knows what she meant by that.) She complained like this for DAYS. Worst of all, Lee had the displeasure of having Steph as her roommate in the hotel. She unpacked her bag and took out laptops, dvds, manga, … dildos. Until she took out a fucking tanto.
A fucking knife she somehow snuck ON the plane. Her reason: “Japan is full of demons. I need to protect a pure maiden virgin like myself.” Lee just stared and vowed never to spend time with her unless absolutely necessary.
They met up with the rest of the group and went over the schedule for the stay. Steph says: “When do we fight demons, or see any fox spirits?” Everyone just stared at her before shrugging it off.
I’ll summarize Steph’s behavior on the trip.
November: She got in trouble for wearing something indecent. Apparently she tried to wear a super small lolita outfit or something, and instead all it did was show off her ass/breasts to the point where it was considered obscene. She also threw a fit when she found out how expensive sushi is, and complained about how ramen looks nothing like it does in Naruto.
December: More of the same, but this time she disappeared for two days and when she came back she claimed it was super secret ninja training. She got in trouble for groping women on a train too.
January: She was caught carrying around her tanto. It was confiscated and she wasn’t allowed back out unless supervised. The staff and students were less than pleased at this point.
February: This is where shit hit the fan. Lee and some of the other students wanted to go clubbing a bit. They’re all over 21, but they wanted to avoid heavy drinking. So they start by going out to a fancy restaurant. Steph complains about the lack of maids in the restaurant and can’t decide what to order on the menu. She claims to speak Japanese, but everyone knows by now she can’t. She ended up ordering salmon roe. She hated it.
Everyone then decided to go sing karaoke. Lee went to the bathroom only to hear a scream coming from one of the rooms next to theirs.
Steph was pushing her self on one random asian guy trying to make out, put her hand down his pants, etc. A woman in the booth, probably the guy’s girlfriend, was hitting her with her purse while the guy tried pushing her off. Lee got the professor and after much deliberation they decided to have her escorted back to America. Didn’t hear much after that.
The police are on the other students’ asses all the time now. Pretty much any fuck up will resort in someone getting deported.
- sneakasnack likes this
- forthedeafandthemute reblogged this from 0nceuponyourdeadbody and added:
- 0nceuponyourdeadbody reblogged this from weeaboo-stories
- celestialess likes this
- kanonscorner likes this
- quartzbunny likes this
- pkmntrainerfixc likes this
- fangirljai likes this
- whyarevioletsblue reblogged this from counterproductiveartist
- whyarevioletsblue likes this
- salty-sarcastic-bitch reblogged this from weeaboo-stories
- counterproductiveartist likes this
- counterproductiveartist reblogged this from weeaboo-stories
- impala-means-home reblogged this from lyricalshade
- sherlockian-at-23174611 reblogged this from lyricalshade
- notaglassoflemonade reblogged this from lyricalshade
- eclecticanarchist likes this
- lyricalshade reblogged this from weeaboo-stories
- siin-and-puniishment likes this
- only1one1me reblogged this from weeaboo-stories and added:
- pokemonkunoichi likes this
- catchtherollinggirl likes this
- kieradoe likes this
- muraki1 likes this
- vulpes-lingerie likes this
- chaosandorderinastrangeworld likes this
- asklimbo reblogged this from weeaboo-stories
- notsoaveragenerd likes this
- some-cheese-with-your-whine likes this
- phenomenacino likes this
- asweetserenesilence reblogged this from pon-pon-po
- pon-pon-po reblogged this from weeaboo-stories and added:
- saraarp likes this
- toshio-fukawa likes this
- shionnoihs likes this
- iheartjapan2000 likes this
- meekasaa likes this
- luluisweird reblogged this from tempus-traverse and added:
- rei-kuromiya likes this
- livelovelaugh91897 likes this
- pokemon-not-pokemons likes this
- motherblade likes this
- leifu-kokoro-haruka reblogged this from tempus-traverse
- leifu-kokoro-haruka likes this
- qingqangqong likes this
- crownofbone likes this
- pinkiemaddiepiewithsprinkles likes this
- pawpels reblogged this from weeaboo-stories
- galexifox likes this